Voter ID card in India is a mostly required and broadly used photo ID card. It contains your Election commission registration ID with all your details like Name, Father’s/ Husband’s name, Date of birth and your Address. In past days making a voter ID was not quite simple. But now The Central Govt. of India has introduced a online portal named National Voters’ services portal(NVSP). On this website
- You can search your name in Electoral roll if you have already enrolled for Voter ID.
- Apply online for registration of new ID or apply for new ID who has changed his assembly.
- Can delete your ID from Electoral roll on this Site.
- You also can do Correction of any detail of you in electoral roll.
- Newly Applied Applicant can track their application status.
Yes…Now you can apply for new voter-ID online by your own. It is quiet easier and simple. This service is absolutely free. You don’t have to pay any fee even when you are applying for a new Voter ID card. So now there is no need to go to the Electoral office and follow up messy procedures to register yourself as a voter. Here in this article you can find out “How to apply for Voter ID online”.
To apply for your voter ID you must be more than 18 years old and you should have proper documents. The documents you need are
- Resident proof/ Address Proof
- Age proof
- Passport size photograph
See the table below to know which Documents can you provide as your Age proof and Address Proof.
- High school mark sheet
- Driving license
- Pan card
- School leaving certificate(with D.O.B clearly mentioned in it)
- Birth certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Bank pass book
- Utility bill(telephone bill, electricity bill)
- Ration card
- Resident certificate
In this online process you don’t have to submit or courier the physical form of your documents. You have to upload the scan copy of these documents in documents section of the registration form. So before you start filling up the registration form online keep all these 3 documents scanned and the scanned file should be clear and size of the files should be below 100kb.
- Now visit the web page http://www.nvsp.in . Then by clicking on apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC you can find the registration form (Form6). This is for new Voter ID registration and for the Id registration of people who have shifted their Assembly constituency to somewhere else.
This form is in both English and Hindi.
Start filling up the form.
- Select your state and select the assembly you belongs to.
- Then select you are applying for voter ID first time or you already have a voter ID but you shifted to another constituency and need a new voter ID of the current constituency.
- In “Mandatory Particulars” field you will find two boxes for each detail. One box is for English and another is for regional language. The regional language box will automatically get filled once you will click on that box after filling the English language box. The regional language comes automatically according to the state u have selected before in this form. For example if you have selected your state as west Bengal then your regional language will come as Bengali.
- Check all the regional language fields properly. Your details in regional language which is filled automatically may not be filled correctly. Click on the keyboard symbol right side of the regional language box and rectify the spelling and all manually if there is mistake in that.
- You can leave the optional fields which are not marked with red star symbol. But it is recommended to fill all the fields with proper value.
- In section IV of form6 upload your documents.
- After the complete filling of the form click submit button.
- After submitting you will get a reference id. Note it down for tracking your application status. You also get it in your mentioned email id or mobile no. in the form 6.
- Job at your end is over with this. Now your submitted application will be processed by Election Commission.
- If your application form verified successfully and accepted then you will get your new voter id through post/courier in the mentioned postal address in the form6 within 30 days from the applied date.
Track your application status
Keep tracking your Application status to know your application is accepted or rejected. There is a option as Track application status on NVSP portal to track your status. Or you may click here to track your status. Use your reference ID to track the status.
This is how you can apply online and get your Voter ID card. Once you got the Voter ID you can use it as your ID proof, Address proof anywhere in India as well as you can start casting your vote in election.
Thank you for visiting our page. Hope this information will help you.
Don’t forget to give your valuable comment regarding this post in comment box.
MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED ON 17-12-17 BUT COULD NOT OBTAIN VOTER ID
how and when i can get voter ID ?
Sorry to say that NATIONAL VOTERs’ SERVICES PORTAL(NVSP) is not actively looking on the services yet. Even I did not get any response from it when I tried this for a trial.
So I’ll suggest you to do apply for the voter Id in manual process along with this online process. Because this online process is found not working till now.